Click the plus sign next to each question to read the answer
ETPS is a new FDA approved therapy that combines the principles of acupuncture & neurology with micro current stimulation. Around the world, ETPS is successfully helping many patients control their pain levels and resume normal functioning in their lives again!
How Does it Work?
ETPS applies concentrated DC micro-stimulation to produce an “acupuncture” response that “releases” muscle tissue that impinges nerves & causes joint articulations (pain). This action permits increased reinnervation of affected neural pathways, allowing patient pain levels to be substantially decreased, often instantaneously. This multi-pronged approach to the body’s nervous and musculoskeletal system is the reason why ETPS works so well on pain.
All pain & joint dysfunctions (arthritis) of the limbs must have some source in the nerve root. Therefore, releasing the paraspinal (erector spinae) muscles at the nerve root(s) that innervate the pain site will have significant and long term benefits to the pain patient. ETPS Therapy can play a significant role in any clinical or pain setting by permitting the attending therapist to quickly isolate and treat the root causes of pain.
WHAT IT DOES
The goal of structural integration is to create a “better-functioning” body and mind, primed to reach higher levels of physical and mental performance.
Structural Integration is designed to:
- Increase structural balance
- Elevate the mind-body connection
- Improve body awareness
- Recapture fluidity and ease of movement
- Prevent injury or re-injury
RESULTS (impact on fascia)
Specifically, “SI” lengthens connective tissue (muscle and fascia), breaks down old scar tissue and adhesion, and releases chronic spasm. It also relieves stress on the circulatory system and restores optimal flow of blood and nutrients to the entire body. The result is a return to health, and an end to pain, discomfort and fatigue. Structural integration moves beyond the immediate to create a fully integrated mind and body, and aligns each region of the body perfectly with all other regions. Feet align effortlessly with knees and hips. Hips align neatly with upper and lower back, and so on, until the entire musculoskeletal system is optimized to work together for greater strength, mobility, balance and ease of movement.
Results may last several months, or even years.
- Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments
- Reduces pain and swelling
- Reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
- Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
- Helps relieve tension, strain and whiplash related headaches
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Rehabilitation after injury
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves posture
- Repairs chemical imbalances caused by stress
This condition is easily addressed by massage.
How do essential oils work? Our senses connect us to the world and allow us to respond to our environment. Essential oils fill our senses and trigger physiological and psychological responses in our bodies. There are three basic ways to use essential oils: inhalation, topical application, and internal consumption.
Is quality a factor when choosing an essential oil? Too often cheap copies of essential oils can be potentially toxic. Many oils are derived with harsh chemicals, diluted, or copied and produced in a lab. It is imperative to exercise great care when choosing high-quality essential oils.
There is a huge difference between oils that merely smell good and therapeutic-grade essential oils. The quality of Young Living’s pure and potent essential oils has established credibility with eminent scientists and medical professionals who continue to research and validate the effectiveness of these timeless natural wonders.
For further information about Young Living Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils and product line, please feel free to Contact Us at Advanced Alternatives.
- Denise Matt Tope, Ph.D., of Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire studied how massage therapy can reduce anxiety and depression in bone marrow transplant patients.
- Frank Scafidi, Ph.D., at the University of Miami’s Touch Research Institute is studying the effects of daily massage on growth, cognitive development, and immune function in premature infants born to HIV infected mothers.
- Melodie Olson of the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston is using a controlled experiment to examine the effects of Therapeutic Touch on the immune functioning of highly stressed students preparing for professional board exams. Positive findings would have implications for other highly stressed populations including cancer and AIDS patients.