We absolutely love this list of benefits for getting a massage. It’s comprehensive and all-inclusive.
The list was compiled by the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA). You can find the complete list here.
At Advance Alternatives Massage Therapy in Tallahassee, it’s our job to help our patient receive these benefits. Some of our patients see us because they simply want to indulge in a soothing, relaxing massage. Others visit our office because they’re looking for faster recovery after exercise or high impact sports and want to maintain a certain level of health. And many of our patients are seeing us because we’re helping them recover from an injury or medical issue.
Regardless of why you’re visiting, here are the core benefits you’ll receive.
25 Massage Benefits
1. Relieve stress
2. Relieve postoperative pain
3. Reduce anxiety
4. Manage low-back pain
5. Help fibromyalgia pain
6. Reduce muscle tension
7. Enhance exercise performance
8. Relieve tension headaches
9. Sleep better
10. Ease symptoms of depression
11. Improve cardiovascular health
12. Reduce pain of osteoarthritis
13. Decrease stress in cancer patients
14. Improve balance in older adults
15. Decrease rheumatoid arthritis pain
16. Temper effects of dementia
17. Promote relaxation
18. Lower blood pressure
19. Decrease symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
20. Help chronic neck pain
21. Lower joint replacement pain
22. Increase range of motion
23. Decrease migraine frequency
24. Improve quality of life in hospice care
25. Reduce chemotherapy-related nausea
Additionally, relief from pain can be found through chiropractic care for fibromyalgia, tension headaches and a variety of other conditions.
How Can We Help You?
Our skilled massage therapists can offer solutions to help you.
We’re here for you. Please contact our office and schedule a time to visit our office. Call 850-325-1331 to learn more or schedule an appointment.