Is it 2017 already?!
For many of our Tallahassee massage therapy clients, one of the most common 2017 resolutions is to ‘get out and exercise more.’ And that’s obviously a common goal for many people as they begin the new year.
The big question of course is — “how do I stick to my workout routine?”
Whether you want to hit the weights, take up jogging, play more golf or just get outside and walk around more, there are some tried and true methods for sticking to your routine.
This article from WebMD outlines some of those methods — here are the 12 ways:
- Exercise for yourself / internal motivation
- Take baby steps (if you’re just starting out)
- Hang in there — it’s not always easy
- Mix up your routine or exercises
- Don’t be your own drill sergeant — get a buddy
- Workout with a friend / spouse / parent
- Commit to a time limit
- Get used to it — make it a habit
- Live in the present – learn to leave guilt behind
- Keep it real — work within real expectations
- Track your results
- Celebrate gains
We find that having a support system is probably the most impactful way to maintain your workout routine. Going with someone or having someone to be with or talk to is vital.
We’d like to be part of your support system too! If you’re not used to working out, you may experience soreness and fatigue of muscles you’ve not been using lately. A therapeutic massage from some of Tallahassee’s best massage therapists can help with that.
Ready to Get Started in 2017?
Our skilled massage therapists can offer a variety of massage therapy solutions to help you.
We’re here for you! Please contact our office and schedule a time to visit our office. Call 850-325-1331 to learn more or schedule an appointment.